Friday, September 5, 2008

Open Source

I am glad to be taking this class because I have always felt that school as a whole frowns on what open source is based on. Sharing ideas and using other people's work is likely to get you kicked out of school in any other course. The idea of having a course that leaves these ideas behind to allow me to explore another realm of programming is very exciting. I 'm not sure exactly what to expect but I'm sure that whatever this course has to offer will be a new experience that I will enjoy.

1 comment:

Bart said...

I agree, at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to take this course. I was warned by previous students that it was a lot of work, but this course fit my schedule so perfectly so I thought I should give it a try.

I'm glad I did since it seems like it could be very interesting, and it looks like a good way to network with people who already have careers in the IT field.

This link also agrees with us, just check out number 1 on the list.

http://digg.com/software/3_Things_They_Should_Teach_In_A_Computer_Science_Degree